Revizio de 10:17, 27 Jun. 2010 fare de Amiko1 (1 versio)
Are there any famous Esperanto speakers?
I hope to expand this section, but I guess I could do worse than to start with some Nobel Prize winners! <P>Nobel Prize Winners: <P>
- Sir William Ramsay (Chemistry, 1904)
- <P> Awarded the Nobel Prize "in recognition of his services in the discovery of the inert gaseous elements in air, and his determination of their place in the periodic system". <P> Participated in many Esperanto conferences and meetings.
- Sir Joseph J. Thomson (Physics, 1906)
- <P> "In recognition of the great merits of his theoretical and experimental investigations on the conduction of electricity by gases". <P> Vice-President of the International Esperanto Science Association.
- Alfred Hermann Fried (Peace, 1911)
- <P> "Founder of Die Friedenswarte" (a peace publication). <P> Author of an Esperanto textbook and contributor to the magazine L'espérantiste.
- Charles Ribert Richet (Medicine, 1913)
- <P> "In recognition of his work on anaphylaxis". <P> Active Esperantist.
- Daniel Bovet (Medicine, 1957)
- <P> "For his discoveries relating to synthetic compounds that inhibit the action of certain body substances, and especially their action on the vascular system and the skeletal muscles". <P> Learned Esperanto as a first language.
- Reinhard Selten (Economics, 1994)
- <P> "For [his] pioneering analysis of equilibria in the theory of non-cooperative games". <P> Author of two books in Esperanto on games theory.